Marriage is hard. You love this man and you vowed to spend your life with him- at least you did once upon a time. Today, well, today you are in the middle of marriage being hard and so much more than you had imagined it would be. Everyone hits rough spots occasionally; but, you seem to be in a perpetual hard time. Not only that- you have kids and a home to take care of on top it!
There are so many of us who think we’re the only one in this position and it just isn’t true. Growing in grace, growing through marriage, motherhood, and life all can happen even in the midst of marital turmoil; but, it will take effort and dedication…
A Wife Holding On…
I’m Rebecca, and while I’m far from perfect, I am daily learning and growing. I grew up a “christian” kid in that I went to church with my family Sunday, served in church, participated in youth group- and lived however I wanted the rest of the week. That lead to a young pregnancy, a first marriage I jumped ship on when I felt it just got too hard, a quick jump into a new relationship and marriage, and realizing fairly quickly that there is no perfect union of two sinners. Marriage is hard and it always will be- but I’m still holding on and I pray you will too. Matthew 19:6 has been a lifeline here for me to hold on tight to God- and an exercise of trusting Him.
I am now a Christian wife and mother, homeschooling my three children, and feeling infinitely grateful for God’s grace. Our marriage is no fairy tale- it is a testament to God’s redeeming power, a sanctifying relationship, and a continually evolving union. Times of hardship aren’t over, but we’re further than we once were, and we’re trusting God to shepherd us on.
I started Wife Holding On because I have a passion to see marriages succeed and to help women in the hard parts- the parts the world tells us are worth throwing in the towel over.
Wife Holding On is here to offer encouragement:
- As you seek to hold onto the vows you made when it seems your husband has forgotten his.
- As you are trying to be the Proverbs 31 woman.
- As you are striving to be there for your kids throughout it all- while wanting to fall apart yourself.
- As you know you need to do something to grow but feel stuck.
Every marriage is a unique union and has it’s own challenges and difficulties; but, I will strive to offer help and hope, look at life, marriage, and motherhood biblically, and stay holding on to God.
Statement of Faith:
- I believe the Bible is the holy and inspired Word of God. (2 Tim. 3:16-17)
- I believe in the Holy Trinity- God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. (1 Peter 1:1-2)
- I believe the deity of Jesus Christ- that He was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, died to cover the sins of all God’s people, was buried, rose on the third day, and now sits at the right hand of the Father. (Matt. 3:16-17)
- I believe we are all born sinners and it is by faith alone, in Christ alone, by grace alone that we are saved. (Romans 3:23-24)
- I believe Christians are called to live holy lives and that God sanctifies us throughout our lives as we grow in faith and obedience (We are not saved by any action or inaction we do here- only God’s grace putting His faith in our hearts saves). (2 Thes. 2:13-15)
- I believe in Biblical Marriage and believe we should strive to be one flesh. (Matt. 19:4-6)
Please contact Rebecca at WifeHoldingOn@gmail.com and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
This policy is in effect beginning May 26, 2018 to present.
If you have any questions regarding this blog or the content therein- please email Rebecca Peterson at email@example.com.
This blog will abide by word of mouth marketing standards. We will clearly and honestly note products or topics we receive compensation from- this compensation may influence content and advertisements on this site. Despite compensation, all opinions and recommendations are true and honestly held by the blogger at the time of post. These views and opinions are purely those of the blogger and should not be taken in place of personal research on a topic or product.
The views and beliefs expressed here will be from a Christian worldview sincerely held by the author. This website is not a substitute for church or speaking to a mature Titus 2:3-5 woman directly.